Friday, March 21, 2008

Alive and Well

Sorry for the long hiatus. I have in fact moved into my new digs. My couch didn't make it. The door of my apartment is too narrow. I'm trying to sell it on Craig's List. So far, I have only met many flakes who claim to want a couch, but don't show up. I'm considering contacting Dr. Sofa, who will take the couch apart, bring it in the apartment, and put it back together. Pricey, but possible. I'll try to sell it first.

I have not unpacked all of my boxes, yet, so I am not quite set up. I am in the not unexpected position of just having too much stuff for my new place. I have not yet settled on what I am going to do about this. I could always pare down, of course, but I spent a long time putting together my belongings, you know? I don't have to own antique platters, for example, but I do, and I like them, and a lot of them were gifts. I could put things into storage, but I would hate to spend money on separate living quarters for my material possessions. Not everything will fit under my bed, though. I'll figure something out.

Last night was Purim, as you know. I have to admit I didn't spend a lot of time on my costume: I got a lab coat and went as a scientist. There was the megillah reading, then the Purim shpiel. I haven't decided if it was weird or just ironic that the shpiel was based on "A Christmas Carol."

I will have internet access (and cable and telephone) in another week and a half. Until that time, I probably won't be posting much. Actually, with my record, I won't be posting much after that either, but I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment