Saturday, June 28, 2008

Self Made Man

A lot of people were out from work yesterday and it's also the end of our fiscal year, so my boss decided we should get lunch for the office. Normally we order from a place called Lenny's, but everyone's a bit sick of that, I think, and I thought it would be good to get pizza. We ended up going with Patsy's, which was good, but expensive. And I don't care what they say, their salads don't feed 4 people, they feed closer to 8, unless you are having it for a meal.

One of the directors, Lee, told the following story, which I thought was completely blog-worthy. Lee and his wife got a dog within the past year and he (they, probably) absolutely adore her. He tells us all sorts of stories about the dog, the latest of which is that they just had to fire their dog walker. In fact, she called while we were eating lunch to say that she was surprised that she was being fired (done by note), but since she hasn't been able to get the dog to actually go out for a walk, I don't know why she would be surprised. None of that has anything to do with the story, which is actually quite short.

On Thursday, Lee was walking the dog after dinner, when someone who was walking in the opposite direction (that is, towards him), thrust a business card in his hand and kept on walking. The business card had a picture of a marijuana leaf and a phone number - an 800 phone number! - with the words, "Shop from your home, delivered to your home." Can you believe that? Is that any way to run a drug business? I mean, I don't know, is that how it's done? The whole thing just sounds so improbable, but it's pretty funny. Anyway, that's my story for the day.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously...I thought it was all done on the internet these days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the guy gets points for creativity :) I was approached at port authority once, and the guys tried to sell me pot. That had never happened to me before. I thought that it was such an exciting event (being the square that I am) that I called my mom and told her!

    (PS - got your message, and will call you to find time to hang out after I get back from this adult learning retreat in NH. see you soon!)

    ReplyDelete