Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Fourth of July in Vermont, 2008


After a one year break due to the holiday being in the middle of the week, I was back in Vermont for Fourth of July. Here is a quick run down of what I did:
  • Missed fireworks because they were on the third of July in Burlington. (I hate when towns do that. The date of the holiday is in it's name - why can't you just celebrate it then?)
  • Went swimming in the pool.
  • Had a hamburger and a hot dog at the bbq. (With my uncle, his wife, my cousins CC and TK, CC's husband and baby (David and Dee), David's dad and step-mom and step-brother.)
  • Read the last Harry Potter. I was a little disappointed, but I won't go into it in case you haven't read it. If you feel the need, you can email and ask me what I didn't like about it.
  • Saw Hancock, with Will Smith. That is, Will Smith was in it, I didn't see it with him. It was okay. A feel like the commercials cover most of it, except the one big surprise which really is a surprise. Still, it doesn't totally hold together. There isn't enough internal logic where you can really trust in the alternate universe.
  • Went out in the boat on Lake Champlain. Got all the way in the water, even though it was cold. Used fins that were too big and a mask and snorkel. It was really cool.
  • Went out to dinner then walked around Church Street.
  • Went swimming in the pool again. Got a tan this time. That means I now look pale. Before I looked very pale.
  • Read Life of Pi. It was interesting. I can see why some people go gaga over it, but it wasn't really my cup of tea.
  • Had a Belgian waffle breakfast.
  • Went to the Ben and Jerry's factory tour. I have been meaning to do this for the past four years or so, but never got around to it. It's really inexpensive - $3. And you get free ice cream samples at the end (in this case mint chocolate chunk), so it almost pays for itself.
  • Played Scattegories.
  • More barbeque.
  • Said Good-Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment