Thursday, October 02, 2008

Raygun Girls

Last week, I helped a friend of mine shoot a music video.

How did that happen? I'm not quite sure. Apparently, there is a music studio at the end of my block and across the street (who knew?). My friend Chris said, "Hey, a friend of Dori's (Dori is the female half of My Favorite New York Couple) is shooting a music video and we're going to be right near where you live." I thought they meant they were watching someone shoot a video or maybe were going to be in the video, but when I got there (after we had dinner at Nick's Diner at the Ditmar's stop), Dori started unpacking cameras.

At first, it was "Stand here. Press the red button when we start and press it again when we stop." Next, it was "Stand there. You can move the camera to make sure that the guitarist's head stays in the shot." By the end of the night, it was "Shoot what looks interesting to you."

I don't know if anything I did was usable, but I'm glad I got the opportunity to do it.

Oh, yeah, their singer has an incredible voice. If you like Goth or Rock, definitely check them out.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about being in the right place at the right time... or wrong time?

    Glad you had fun, and yes, some of your shots are being used! Thanks for helping out.

    Geoff
    The Raygun Girls
    (guitarist)
    www.raygungirls.com

    ReplyDelete