Monday, November 10, 2008

Swampier

I was busier last week than I was the week before. Late nights, working through lunch, the works. It was kind of nice. Stressful, a little, because I didn't know for sure that I'd be able to get it all done, but I really like working. The only sad part was that I had to cancel some plans I had made with some friends of mine. That almost never happens. I almost never have work life interfere with the rest of my life, but if it's only every once in awhile, I can handle it. It makes me feel vital.

This week, will be a lot less crazy. I'm still working on the project I was working on last week and the week before, but now it's just cleaning up all the charts and graphs and analysis, and someone else is doing most of the analysis. I'd explain it all, but I think it's pretty boring without the visual aids. I've just been gathering data from the last five years of the key performance indicators of our department and turning it into something pretty.

So the short of it is that nothing new is going on. Oh, yesterday was Mitzvah Day at my synagogue. Ace said it was Mitzvah Day at his synagogue, too, so he postulated that it was a nation-wide Mitzvah Day, but since our CA congregation didn't have a Mitzvah Day, that shot that theory.

I think I chose the wrong mitzvah. I should have been playing games with old people or something instead of planting tulips again in a nearby park. It was kind of boring. Serves me right, I guess, for signing up last minute. What I really wanted to do was go to the Ronald McDonald house, but that was all filled up. I may get it together earlier next time, but I wasn't totally certain I'd be available, and I didn't want to commit to something I wouldn't eventually end up doing. Besides, they needed more people planting tulips. Maybe I was just in a mood.

I harbored delusions about doing laundry after the planing of the tulips, but the laundry mat closes early on Sundays and when I got there, all the machines were taken. I guess those two things are two separate things. I got there in time, but all the machines were taken. I would have waited around, but they close early. You know, I never had this problem when I lived in Boston. I don't remember what the times were for the laundromat that was nearest to my apartment, but I don't think I would have been surprised if they had closed at eight on the weeknights and five on Sundays. Now, I feel personally offended that my place isn't open until 11. That would rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment