Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Double Celebrations

Happy New President, everyone. I can't imagine what it was like to root for the other guy, but I am hoping that everyone feels the new beginning I feel. I want to DO something for the country. I can't quite think of what to do, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Yesterday was also the celebration of my eighth year in the Big Apple. We celebrated near Union Square this year, the first time we have been out of the Upper East Side. I realized afterwards that I had a completely different crowd than last year. Not one person was the same. It was kind of cool. I don't do anything really New York-y at the party, just a toast to the city. Maybe I should do something next year. I didn't make the MetroCard cake this year because I live out in Queens and I didn't want to carry it in and have it sit around all day. Also, I'm lazy. I opted for a store-bought apple crumb cake instead. That was below par, but I'm glad I bought it because the place we went to did not have a dessert menu.

Sorry I've been out of touch. I was sick for almost three weeks. Feeling loads better now, but it's winter and who knows what is going to rear it's ugly head.

1 comment: