Friday, May 22, 2009

I Didn't Pick the Name

I joined a trivia team. It was a bit accidental: My friend Harx, who how hosts my poker games — wait, that reminds me, I have to go send an email about a poker game . . .

Okay, that took quite awhile.

Anyway, back to the team. We are "That's What She Said." Not the best name in the world, but not the worst. Anyway, last night was the third week in the season. The first week, we won! With a $20 buy-in (all together, not each), we got $90. It was enough to pay our tab.

The second week, we got 4th place. That got us nothing. We were doing well until the spice and herbs category. We had to identify ten of them by smell/sight. Not multiple choice. We got three out of ten and I am proud (?) to say that I was the one that got the three. We were first going into that round, but we did not come out smelling like roses.

Last night, we were doing well, but we knew we were going to get killed on the Album category. That really killed us - none of us are really into music.

I can't go next week, because it's Shavuos. What will the team do without me? I look forward to the next challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment