Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Citibank, You Have Made a Grievous Error

As I have mentioned earlier, it takes me a ridiculously long time to make decisions. I've been able to cure myself of this habit for less important things (what to wear to work, what to eat for dinner), but when it comes to something remotely important, like deciding whether or not to get a new credit card. I've been meaning to switch to a cash back card for awhile and looked into it, but never got around to it. Then, Citibank made the mistake of sending me a very nice note saying, Thank you for being our customer. Look at all the great stuff we are doing for you. By the way, we are raising your rate an astronomical amount for no reason except for that we can. If that's a problem, just let us know and we'll cancel you as a customer.

Well, I'm not letting them know. Citibank is my longest standing card and I don't know how getting rid of them will affect my credit rating. Instead, I got myself an American Express cash back card and my Citibank card has been relegated to an emergency card, to be used if someone steals my wallet. I'll make a couple of charges a year to keep it current and Citibank will end up losing money on my, at least compared to what it would have made. Congrats, Citibank, you have just become a victim of your own greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment