Friday, December 04, 2009

Pet for Sale

I can't help it. As much as I love working at JOB, I often feel compelled to make fun of it. Here goes:

Fifteen minutes ago, I got the following message in my inbox; it was posted on the Classifieds section of our in-house message board.
Free to a good home: Tarantula plus biosphere

Friendly tarantula looking for a loving new home. Comes with a lovely glass tank home. Requires occasional live cricket meals. Email my friend [Jill] if you are interested!
I have this notion that if I worked in a more normal (for lack of a better word) work environment, that the posting would have been about a kitten or, at worst, a turtle. And to be fair, we do sometimes get posts for those, too. Of course, those aren't worth telling you about.

Discussion Question
What would you name your pet tarantula? I think I would name mine Fred.

3 comments:

  1. i would name mine VLAD...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, must better fodder for the blog at your current posting!

    As for a name, there is just no way in hell that I would haver have a pet tarantula. I just couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, Anon.

    Well, Riv, I guess you could call yours dead, then. :)

    ReplyDelete