Sunday, January 31, 2010

In PA, Wedding Duties

I am in Allentown this weekend. I came so that I could try on the bridesmaid dress and get my measurements done. I could have just sent those over, but I figured I would come and see what was going on. I'm glad I did. First of all, I got to see Batya's* wedding dress in person and it looks a lot better in person than the pictures I got. I mean, the pictures were okay, but didn't show any of the details very well.

Second, I got to talk with the bridal shop and made the (I believe) imminently wise decision to NOT have the dress shipped to New York. I'll just get all the work done here and leave it here and then I won't have to bring it here in October.

Once I got the measurements in, I was then in a wedding mood, so we went to a Bridal show. (They would have gone in either event, but would have gone on another day without me.)  At first it was interesting, but there were so many booths that it soon got to be overwhelming (for me). And EVERYONE had candy at his/her display.  And we skipped everything they already had taken care of (it's quite a lot - florist, DJ, location, caterer, invitations). By the time we got to the end, I was done. So it was great that they had someone giving everyone massages (someone legitimate, I mean, not just some guy).




*I went with Batya for Ace's wife-to-be. I didn't get any suggestions from anyone, so I don't expect any complaints.

1 comment:

  1. I changed Batya to Bette. See http://pepgiraffe.blogspot.com/2010/03/name-change.html.

    ReplyDelete