Friday, June 25, 2010

Too Relevant Email

I just unsubscribed from Staples emails because they were coming all of the time. When I unsubscribed, they wanted to know why and provided a checklist for me. I was to tick off the reasons I didn't want to receive emails any more. One of the options was that the emails were "Too relevant (feel like being watched)." I find this noteworthy. Obviously, there have been complaints about this very thing or it wouldn't be an option. And I'm not going to lie, when I first started getting emails or letters from companies based on what I bought at other companies, it startled me. It started years ago, though, and after some consideration, I've decided that if I am going to get advertisements about something, it may as well be something I have a remote chance of buying. After all, I would be much more likely to watch commercials if I didn't have to sit through commercials about cars and beer. That's just a waste of time.

Speaking of commercials, I saw a commercial that I loved so much that I am thinking of buying their product just to reward them for having a commercial I actually want to watch. Here it is.




I now have to strongly recommend that you go to their website, which I just did. Click here.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny. Thanks. I needed a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see the second commercial. Not as funny, but still pretty good.

    ReplyDelete