Friday, July 02, 2010

Our First Computer

I know I should have something brilliant to say here, but I'm just on my lunch break and I am in the midst of a big project that has to be completed by next Wednesday, so this is a short one. I believe the year was 1983. I believe this is an Apple IIe. Check out the joy stick to the right and the 5 1/2" floppy disks to the left (in the disk carrier). They were actually floppy, which is where the name came from. 




Thanks, MomGiraffe, for finding a couple of packets of developed film and passing them along.

5 comments:

  1. Close. It was an Apple II+. It ran on the BASIC system. Remember that class we took? "I Speak Basic to my Apple?" Apple IIe was a later generation and was completely DOS, as I recall.

    Remember "County Fair" and "Castle Wolfenstein??"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the class and I remember the big red book that it came with. I don't think that I can speak BASIC to anything, though.

    Country Fair was the only game Dad liked. It was great. The ducks on top were fun to shoot at.

    And Castle Wolfenstein was amazing. Aiiiiiiiii!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you know what DOS means. Or at least how to pretend how to use it in a sentence. Anyway, what about the decathalon? Weren't you always Bruce Jenner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we actually picked "people" (which is in quotes since if I remember correctly, the character was actually a triangle). I do remember the Decathalon though. That was a lot of fun. Although I only remember the race at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am full of surprises :) And I too remember PG favouring Bruce Jenner.

    ReplyDelete