Anyway, as promised, here is the "Foods to AVOID" list that I got from my doctor last week. (There is a Foods ALLOWED portion too, some of which I will mention in conjunctive with this ridiculously restrictive list.
Foods to AVOID
- raw fruits, dates and figs (fruit juice okay)
- dry ready-cooked cereals including puffed rice, shredded wheat, corn flakes, etc. (strained oatmeal okay)
- cream soup, meat stock, chicken soup
- asparagus, brussel sprouts, cabbage, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, dried beans or peas, turnips, onions, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, sauerkraut, fried potatoes (cooked spinach okay)
- mutton, pork, fried meat, fatty meat, canned meat, canned fish, shellfish (one portion of lean, broiled, baked or boiled beef, lamb, veal, chicken, turkey or fish okay)
- cheese (fat free cottage cheese okay)
- eggs, eggnog
- cream, malteds, whole milk, butter, margarine
- Fresh breads, rolls, muffins, biscuits (day-old bread or toasted bread okay)
- alcohol, carbonated beverages
- pies, cakes, pastries, cookies, ice cream, candy, chocolate (rice pudding okay)
- olives, pickles, smoked foods
- spices, salt, pepper
So you tell me this: How can I possibly get through the next two weeks without mutton?