|For the Love of God, Please Someone Win This|
But, if I can't win it, then I want someone else to win it really soon so I can go back to my regularly scheduled life. Yes, I know I could just stop trying to win, but that seems silly. And, of course, I could just make random guesses based on what I know instead of sorting through all the guesses that have already been guessed to make sure I'm not seconding someone else's guess, but that also seems silly.
It would go a lot faster if everyone took the clues into account, but unless you've been following, you have no way of knowing what they are. So here they are:
- There is more than $1,000 in the money jar. (11/3/10)
- Look as we turn the money jar. Ooo. Aaah. (11/10/10) I thought this was a pretty useless clue until I watched it again and realized that there were no pennies in it, only quarters. Then I watched it again and saw at least one dime. Still no pennies as far as I can tell.
- There is more than $2,000 in the money jar. (11/15/10)
- There is more than $3,000 in the money jar. (11/22/10)
- There is less than $10,000 in the money jar. (11/29/10) This was a mostly useless clue because only nine people in the 12 days before that had posted a guess greater than $10,000.
- There was a very close guess last week. An alternate view of the bills can be found at http://imgur.com/J7mE3.(12/7/10) That's not really all the helpful either since they don't say what they mean by "last week." Also, because in the seven preceding days, there had been 408 guesses between $3k and $10k. And what do they mean by very close, anyway? Off by one penny? Off by one digit (so it could be a penny, a dollar, a ten, etc.)? Also, the alternate view of the bills doesn't show what many of the bills are. As far as I can tell, there are at least 250 bills in there.)
- There is more than $6,000 in the money jar. (12/20/10)
In short, if I am correct in all my assumptions, the amount of money in the money jar is between $3,000.05 and $9,999.95. It does not appear to be $3,333.33, $4,444.44, $5,555.55, $6,666.66, $7,777.77, $8,888.88, $9,999.99 or $3,627.18 nor does the probability of successfully navigating an astroid field* seem to have been taken into account.
You can only tweet once a day and your tweets have to include @Retailmenot and #moneyjar. Good luck me. Barring that, good luck everyone else.
*$3,720.21, $3,722.01, $3,720.01 And if you don't understand that, you can look it up.