Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Freezing

I missed the last blizzard, but I was here (and prepared) for this week's storm. No snow day for us (per usual), but it was fine. Since then, though, it's been getting colder. Now, it is below freezing.

My favorite temperature is around 84 degrees F, but assuming I am dressed for it, I am fine all the way down to the freezing mark. For those of you who don't know it, the freezing point (for water) is 32 degrees F. Today, it is 28. Long underwear for me and a sweater and leather boots with a big puffy coat and I am still cold. Typical.

Of course, once I get to work, I then have to undress and redress because I don't work at a ski lodge. I've dressed in layers, but I'm not going to take off my sweater and pants and walk around in my thermals. I mean, come on!

1 comment:

  1. Then you would be really happy here right now as it's been in the 80'sF. Too hot for January.

    I do recall, from my time back East, how awful it felt to be indoors during the winter. The heat was always cranked up way too high and I had to figure out how to deal with all those layers.

    ReplyDelete