Wednesday, April 20, 2011

In California for One More Day (Passover)

A Chag Sameach to all my Jewish friends. Last night was the second night of Passover and, as usual, we had the seder at the synagogue. For the first time ever, the head table that I sit at (that is, the Rabbi's table) was split in two, which made conversation much easier.

I was at the table with my sister's family and Ace and Bette (now married). Unfortunately, my nephew Peach had a fever, so my brother in law was at home with him. Although it meant a certain lack in the conversation, we did take his dessert, so it was not a total loss.

Also there was my second cousin George (from Atlanta), who lives in LA, and his girlfriend Kimberly. Since my gallstone surgery had prevented me from going to his sister's wedding, this was the first time I was meeting her and I am sorry I had not met her sooner. She was great to talk to. By the way, I will now be ending sentences in prepositions . . . of.

No comments:

Post a Comment