- 9/17/11 Bill's grandmother died at the ripe age of 100.
- 9/22/11 My cousin died at her home, after a protracted bout of cancer.
- 9/27/11 JJ's dad died of a completely unexpected stroke.
- 9/30/11 Mom/Aunt/Gma of some friends of the family died.
- 10/3/11 Found out that someone at work died on Friday, but no one knew.
Then yesterday, when I was processing the news about my work associate, I got a call from one half of my favorite New York Couple to find out that his wife was at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Now, I don't know why it didn't occur to me that if you are at MSKCC, you may have cancer, but I didn't. The good news is that pathology isn't back yet, so it isn't for sure.
I did spend the beginning of the High Holidays with my PA family, so while it was sad for my folks not to have their kids at home, it was happy for me that three of the four of us were together.