Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Best Grilled Cheese Sandwich Ever

Last month, I went to a little hole-in-the-wall grilled cheese place called Melt. Yes, all they make are grilled cheese sandwiches. I will not fault them for this because I had the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have a refined palate. Normally, I would have just had a regular old American Cheese on White Bread (The Classic). It's really the only time I ever have American cheese or white bread. Instead, I through caution to the wind and ordered The Sweetness, which consisted of Muenster cheese, caramelized onions, and cranberry jam on a potato bun. An upside down potato bun. It was the cranberry jam that swayed me. I'd never heard of cranberry jam.

It was fantastic. I mean really fantastic. I almost don't want to go again because I'd be afraid it wouldn't live up to the first deliciousness. And because it's out of the way.


2 comments:

  1. Ah...this must be the same sandwich you mentioned in your letter to your nephew at camp. (He showed me all of his letters.) I loved how you talked about the things that are just part of your daily life in your letters to him. And we loved reading about your best sandwich experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was.

      Not sure what else I would talk about in letters. Otherwise, it would be Dear Nephew, Hi. How are you? I am fine. Hope things are going well. Love, Tanta PepGiraffe. That's fine unless you are writing more than one letter. :)

      Delete