Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Small Change Can Reap Rewards

I don't like throwing out things that work. That is why I have a tv from the nineties. Unfortunately for me, although it works with Time Warner Cable, I have been having a lot of issues with the remotes. After a lot of experimenting, it turns out that I need two TWC remotes to successfully work the machine. Okay, fine. Now that I know, it isn't a big deal.

Having two remotes, though, somehow made me lose track of them all the time. It was maddening. Last week I made one tiny change: instead of putting the remotes on my night table (which often turned out to be the ledge next to the bed or, sometimes, on the floor, or the kitchen table), I finally put a basket I had to use. Now, the remotes go in the basket and I haven't misplaced them since. Crazy how such a small thing can have a measurably large impact on my life.

For those wondering, I've been trying to find a good use for this basket for at least seven years.

No comments:

Post a Comment