Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dear New York Lottery

Yesterday, I saw this ad on the subway:


I will now preface the following by saying, "Yes, I know what they mean. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't actually say what they mean."

Dear New York Lottery,

Are you aware that your ad means that gold does not glitter*? 

I believe you meant to say that not all that glitters is gold. Since your sole mission is to raise money for our public school system, I think that it would be perfectly fine for you to correct all the ads. You could probably just plaster over the incorrect part.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

PepGiraffe




*Start with:  All that glitters is not gold.
  This means: Everything that glitters is not gold.
  Also: I've written glitters enough time that it looks wrong. Like it is really litters, but with a silent g.



No comments:

Post a Comment