Friday, February 21, 2014

You Might Be An Organ Donor, But Are You an ALL Organ Donor?

I was quite surprised to find out that even if you are an organ donor, they won't take your brain. Even if you've checked the box off on your driver's license. In fact, there isn't currently even a central repository to make your wishes known. However, you can at least let Harvard Medical know. Fill out form here: http://www.brainbank.mclean.org/register.htm. FORM

I recommend this article. Brains. Brains!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I put the brain in a different category than my corneas or my heart, you know? If someone had your brain, would they think like you? I think my brain should die with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have made it clearer. Brains are only used for research, not transplantation. That's why they aren't taken in the first place, I think.

    ReplyDelete