Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Medicalities

This is more of a musings sort of post.

I'm working on my budget for 2017 and I just entered all the medical expenses I know I will for sure have in 2017. Minimum number of individual transactions?

67

That is with no surprises. No endoscopies. No ambulances or hospital stays. How do other people do this? I have a really flexible schedule so having a doctor appointment every other week isn't going to kill me, it is just draining and time consuming.

And I was going through my medical receipts for this year, and EOBs and letters, and everything I've gotten from the pharmacies, hospitals, etc, and it is inches thick. I had to call CVS to find out why they stopped filling a prescription I need (no actual reason, they immediately took the hold off) and requested that they not send a 26 page explanation of my medication every single time they send it to me but they said they had to. It really is 26 pages. Why do they have to? I have been on this medication for 15 years. They have been the ones giving it to me for 15 years. If there were a change or something, fine, but it's just ridiculous. No wonder I have piles of paper everywhere.

In other news, I am seeing someone. We've been seeing each other for over a year now. He is very nice, which works out well because I like nice people. I shall name him...Handsome. I bring him up to say that Handsome taught me how to crochet. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment